Day Case Appointments
Sanderson Suite, at St Helens Hospital, is our day case ward providing minor surgical procedures.
Important information for patients attending for day case surgery
- If you cannot keep your admission date, please telephone the number on your admissions letter as soon as possible. We may be able to treat another patient in your place.
- Due to limited space on the day wards, we ask relatives not to stay with the patient. The ward will telephone relatives/carers to pick you up
- You should remove all make up and nail polish
- Children under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult
What to bring to hospital
- Your admission letter
- Any change to your personal details e.g. GP, address, telephone number
We also suggest that you bring the following items to make your time with us as comfortable as possible:
- Any pills or medicines that you are taking
- Spectacles, hearing aids etc.
- Telephone number of the person who will be collecting you
Please do not bring valuables or large sums of money.
A patient information booklet for day patients will be sent to patients along with their appointment letter and will provide further information for patients about their admission.
Discharge Information Sheets
Post Spinal Anaesthetic Patient Information and Discharge Instructions - St Helens Day CaseYou are receiving this information as you have been given a spinal injection as part of your anaesthetic and pain management following surgery. Normal sensation and movement should return within a few hours of surgery.
Patient Information Leaflets
Title - Eye LesionsDescription - Your surgery today was to remove the lesion on your eye.
Title - Joint InjectionsDescription - Advice for patients having an injection into a joint.
Title - Plastic Surgery Day CaseDescription - Discharge information for plastic surgery day case patients.